AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid AMS & Liberty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/31/2016 18:47 (#5501866 - in reply to #5500841)
Subject: RE: Liquid AMS & Liberty

Chebanse, IL.....

I've never bought into the "mixing order" for the AMS to work.

Let's say you have a 1200 gal sprayer tank. You're spraying glyphosate @ 12 gpa carrier rate. You have 900 gal in the tank, but you have a 95A field to spray & you want to add another 300 gal solution to avoid having to drag the tanker out to the field for one little fill. Also, you're not doing hot loads, you mix per sprayer batch.

So now, how are you going to add the newly required AMS so that it doesn't tie up with the herbicide product already in the tank, or visa-versa.

I'm aware on mixing order for certain dry products so you don't end up with curdled milk in your tank, but other than that, I've not had any product failures on a large scale regardless of what was dumped in the power mixing cone first. But, that's just my experience & observation after 40+ yrs of mixing, though AMS hasn't been around that long.

The a.I. portion of AMS is only 21%. Not sure of the actual compound amount in that 21%. So, a 51# (not sure why 51# either....yes, I've heard the 17#/100 gal thing too, but that doesn't make sense when you don't mix even 100 gal batches) bag only has 10# of a.i. That 10# of a.i. Seems it could be in the herbicide already somehow.

I personally dislike handling AMS. I also dislike paying taxes, but I assume I'll continue with both.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)