AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ontario seed corn and soybean prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Andy578
Posted 8/30/2016 17:40 (#5499835 - in reply to #5499540)
Subject: RE: Ontario seed corn and soybean prices

Ontario
neonics are insecticides and now for us to use those you have to take a course, do tests and a bunch of paper work. to me it's not worth it plus last year i did end up with about 20 bags of it by mistake and i honestly couldn't tell a single bit of difference between it and the untreated seed i used. the fungicide treatment was suggested to me by the seed guy at the coop and it only cost something like $2 extra per bag. i'm not sure if it made any difference either but supposedly it was to help the plants resist any early diseases to give them a better start. for the cost i'll probably end up getting the treatment again next year and maybe plant a couple of strips with untreated seed to compare.

if you had neonics this year it would explain why you paid $70 per bag. that stuff isn't cheap and that's actually exactly what i paid for those 20 bags i got by mistake. as you look for seed be sure you ask about the discounts for ordering early, with prices the way they are you need to save wherever you can

Edited by Andy578 8/30/2016 17:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)