AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

twinrowboy
Posted 12/29/2008 07:54 (#549764 - in reply to #549648)
Subject: RE: Challenger tractors

E.C. MI
I've had a 575B, and a 545B for a year now. I honestly love the tractors. I'm 6'4" and haven't noticed the cab being small...I think, and other farmers have told me the cab is very nice and roomy..very quiet too. I had 6420 and 7710 Deeres, and there is alot more room in the Challengers. They both have the CVTs and that is what makes the tractors for me...they are a dream to operate. I've got my 575 set out at 120" to spray with+ the air ride cab make it very smooth in the field. If you spray/fertilize and have cross furrows/waterways the CVT is the way to go...I gained alot of productivity vs. my old powershift JD. My 545 has the front suspension with a loader and that has been nice to operate too. It's nice to run down the road at 34MPH with it...gain alot of time if you travel much on the road. I've had them a year and they have been trouble free, as long as they stay that way, I don't see me going back to JD, at least in this class of tractors.(5..Bs,=100-160HP) As far as the 600Bs, if I was going to do tillage, planting etc. where you are not changing speeds in the field alot, I don't think I would need the CVT, I think I would prefer a powershift...and it would be a toss up between a green, red, or yellow tractor...but for what I use them for, the CVT is a determining factor.

Edited by twinrowboy 12/29/2008 07:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)