AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good Sand Blasting Pot?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

scarecrow
Posted 12/29/2008 06:18 (#549733 - in reply to #549464)
Subject: RE: Good Sand Blasting Pot?

Did you notice what a difference the weather makes on the day your doing it. All the blasters I've used flow and even cut way better when the humidity is low. I have a small 100lb pot, pressure feed with 3/4 line feed, and a 600 lb Clemco pressure feed with 1.5 line. Both can give fits if the humidity is high. I'm sure you already know this but I'll pass it on anyway. On the pressure units there's a ball valve on the tank pressure and one on the line going down ahead of your sand metering valve. Run both full open but if the sand stops flowing shut off the second one (blast line pressure)for 10-20 seconds a couple times. This applies all the air flow inside the pot and will clear most obstructions. In very poor conditions you may have to reach down and open your sand metering valve full open before closing the blast line pressure. When running our larger unit in poor weather, I need a guy standing at the pot running the valves.
Some of the small units have shutoffs at the end of the hose. When ours wore out I eliminated it. When it stops the sand flow at the tip the line backs up and can plug at the sand valve. Most commercial units have an electric shut-off at the pot with a toggle switch at the nozzle. I was thinking of trying a stainless electric sprayer valve on our large pot but that's still not cheap.
There's my 2 cents, I been doing it for 20 years but it should be easy to find someone way more knowledgable for advice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)