AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oil Furnace heat exchanger question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 12/28/2008 22:31 (#549596 - in reply to #549481)
Subject: RE: Oil Furnace heat exchanger question?

Mid Michigan
I just got it all cleaned out an I did vacuum it out of there. It just looked like combustion by product. I honestly don't think that burn chamber has ever been cleaned out. I got the contacts filed and adjusted and cleaned the injector nozzle. Cleaned up all around it. I think the asbestos blanket your talking about is the one between the heat exchanger and the outer furnace shell. That should still be ok. I'm getting to believe that you have to become a jack of all trades. One of those deals where you have to get in there and do it to learn anything about it. It ignited instantly as soon as I turned it on. One of the problems has been a delayed ingition so it would finally ignite and it would stink and really make me mad. About like the dad on the Christmas Story movie fighting the furnace! I also just installed a new carbon monoxide detector in the house and batteries in all the smoke alarms. As far as the heat pump I doubt I would ever get one. Maybe if the house was brand new and insulated very well. If I had one of them here I would freeze to death. I am planning on installing a pellet stove in the very near future to split the heating duties.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)