AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stinger bale stackers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

coochief
Posted 12/28/2008 19:43 (#549394 - in reply to #549232)
Subject: RE: Stinger bale stackers

SE MT
Like these guys are talking about; loading sticky or dewey bales can be a problem getting them to slide down the rails you are relying on gravity to move bales.   Also it has no retrieving capabilities and you have to come into the bales from the side not the direction the baler or swather/combine have traveled but these might not be factors that would bother your operation.   I think it is very well built but I would at least take a look at a new Circle C Equipment   American Eagle stacker because it doesn't rely on gravity and retrieves and goes the same direction of travel; also unloads all the bales at once is where it makes up time on the stinger (I know this first hand). AEagle is built on a truck chassis of your choice and therefore you have phenomenal road speeds (unlike the stinger) again if your stacks are close this may not be an issue either.    Also the AEagle handles hillsides better than a stinger (them last 3 bales over your cab makes it real tippy) but with an Eagle you cannot stack round bale only all sizes of squares.   Just my .02 

Edited by coochief 12/28/2008 19:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)