AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yak Tracks...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

thall1976
Posted 12/28/2008 11:05 (#549060 - in reply to #548713)
Subject: RE: Hey Tyler !!!!!!

Field Queen Inc.
Hi Ding....

Man..... these last couple of weeks have spun me like a top and Im still dizzy. Thanks for asking.

I did get one set of curtains nearly completed. Ill have to get some pics. I got everything made up except for the belting that forms the actual curtain. I dont know if I described it yet or not but heres how it basicaly works.

The actual lime booms are about 10 feet.... one on each side of the truck and a 7 footer in the middle wich wont need a curtain. I used box steel to build a sleeve that is mounted behind the mud flap, but about 1 foot in front of the lime boom.....riding about 2 feet of the ground. Then the curtain will be bolted across a one inch square tube that has a knuckle hinge in the middle that I made up so they can be folded in half and carried on the side of the truck. So the curtains are taken off the side of the truck, and one end slipped into the sleeve and a big pair of wing bolts draws it down inside the sleeve to make it tight. Then the other section (end half) is folded out and locked into place with the pins..... maybe a chain running from top of box to end of curtain to give it some extra support. Something that can be taken down and thrown in the cab with ease. Bottom of curtain will ride about 6 inches off the ground.

Sounds alot more complicated than it is. Ill take some pictures Ding when I get back to the project. I have two more sets to build so Im hoping to get going again. Took awile to get a design going.... had to set on a chair in the shop and stare at it for 2 hours or so..... have to keep ease of use in mind for the drivers but at the same time come up with something sturdy enough to take a beating in the field.

Weather took a turn in the last month and put a halt to the lime buisness. Fields are wet and water logged and havent had but a few good freezes to really get a truck out there. Getting anxious to get back in the lime buggy though.

Thanks..... and Take care
Tyler

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)