AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling NON GMO Soybeans in Northern MO.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 12/26/2008 10:52 (#547318 - in reply to #547057)
Subject: Re: Selling NON GMO Soybeans in Northern MO.

Google turned up www.asoyia.com. Delivery points Cargill at Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, or Bloomington Illinois.

To get their big premium you have to contract for the year, it looks like and buy their seed. Pioneer seed isn't as low in linolinic acid but they buy them too. Delivery is scheduled, "buyer call." And you get paid by Cargill's market price at the close of the day of delivery. Buyer call says to me, they call and say, "Deliver tomorrow." So you don't get to pick the market day. You store and you haul, they do pay mileage.

The company is in Iowa City.

I think Asoyia is not the only low linolinic processor, and there are other contracts and dellivery points possible. I know low linolinic beans were delivered to HOIC who trucked them somewhere and one neighbor growing them said their contract guaranteed bushels if there was the usually rumored yield drag. They grew Asgrows. I think any linolinic premium requires a contract before planting, but I've not tried to arrange one. And the processors surely will limit the contracte acres or bushels to cover what they could process or sell.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)