AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming pictures from Finland, etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 12/26/2008 03:18 (#547156 - in reply to #546812)
Subject: Re: Answers

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
It is peat mining and trailers are for collect peat. Yellow thing on front of the tractor is "plough".....you cut thin layer peat to get it dry. When it is dry you use rubber belts to lift it up on trailers or some trailers will vacuum it on board. One option is run big disk cutter (6 feet, pto driven) on wet ground and make pellets, let them dry an collect them. Peat mining is extreme work for machinery. Tractors are tuned up to (lot) and always looking for lot of hp/light combination. Running whit duals/ triples brake axels, pto shafts, etc. Basicly....there was lake and low wet lands...lot of plants....and it was all covered plants during long times. Then, first step is drain water of from area and try to float there whit machinery. There is no ground there, just peat and when you start to sink there is no bottom....

There is lot of wet lands here. Finland is size of Wa and OR states and we got 50 000 lakes and some ponds too... Lot of summer cottages, boats, tile lines, close 100 organic material soils, muddy off roaders...

I have "wasted" days, weeks, years... looking stuff from other places and I think I'll just keep doing it....

Edited by Traveling Man 12/26/2008 03:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)