AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

questions for guys with wind turbine leases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tedhartke
Posted 8/9/2016 08:52 (#5459077 - in reply to #5452208)
Subject: RE: questions for guys with wind turbine leases

InvEnergy?? There's no way anyone should be signing anything with this company. We were supportive of their project here in Vermilion County, Illinois, and things seemed OK up until they turned on the turbines. We immediately had severe sleep deprivation as soon as the turbines became operational. We only lasted 11 months and abandoned our home. It is still for sale ever since May, 2014. There are 21 families with sleep/health issues from InvEnergy's turbines here. The turbines near my home are 1665' and 2225' away from our house. I suggest you go to the internet and type in "wind turbine home abandonment" and "Shirley Wind Turbines Declared Health Hazard" and "Judge orders shutdown of Falmouth Wind Turbines."
I regret supporting InvEnergy's project here, and now I find myself helping other communities avoid turbines. Livingston County Illinois and Sanilac County Michigan have successfully kicked InvEnergy to the curb. InvEnergy has an ongoing lawsuit in Oregon where the farmer/rancher there cannot sleep in his home. My wife and I have not been able to afford the cost of a lawsuit, yet, being since we now own 2 houses......one to live in and one in InvEnergy's wind project. There are several homes for sale and not going anywhere........perfectly wonderful well-kept and lived-in homes which are unmarketable. I used to think farmers were good neighbors, but now I think they are greedy pigs. I suppose if you hate your current neighbors and if you have a wish to burn in hell, then go ahead. OR, you could carefully research the stuff. I recommend you read the entire submittal from the citizens near Shirley Wisconsin where the Brown County Board of Health declared the turbines to be a human health hazard. I think you are too young to have such a terrible regret for such a long time coming. I am willing to discuss this matter with you in great detail.......217.840.1612 or email [email protected]
In closing, it is obvious many postings here are for the "old" turbines being 350' tall or less. These machines are 500' tall and cause an air pressure pulse when the blades flex at each turn, and the "thumping" that happens causes a rumble noise inside of the homes. Visitors to wind farms don't experience the throbbing rumble heavy bass noise which causes the sleep deprivation and stress for the families who live nearby. This is like touching little girls and boys (my children) in their beds at night, bothering them, keeping them awake, and ruining their ability to be happy/healthy children. I think you will be sued since now you know.............you should seriously read the accounts submitted in Brown County Wisconsin because this issue is replaying everywhere these 500' turbines are placed, affecting about 25% of the residents. If you hold out and never have to deal with a turbine or litigation, you will be very lucky. Now, you should go visit your neighbors so that your home is not ruined like mine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)