AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Giant Ragweeds
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/8/2016 07:04 (#5457090 - in reply to #5456912)
Subject: RE: Giant Ragweeds

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
nviney - 8/7/2016 21:21

Not really. diflexx is just dicamba (clarity version) with cyprosulfamide safener. Status is dicamba (clarity version) plus diflufenzapyr and isoxadifen safener. The second active ingredient in status can be a big plus, it keeps the dicamba in the growing point. This can make status better on weeds like lambsqaurter adds grass suppresion and is better on perennials like dandelions and canada thistle. When things are ideal those differences are slight but under tough conditions it will really show. Diflexx is liquid vs status is a dry. Diflexx can go pre or post where status is post only.

I screwed up and forgot to flush my sprayer when going to soybeans so the first couple hundred feet got the corn rate of the Status mix. The beans in this first area eventually died but not right away. The rest of that batch and the next batch showed evidence of the dicamba but eventually grew out of it. I was surprised that the new growth showed the wrinkling as well. When I sprayed this first field I left before finishing it and went to some other fields. When I came back a few days later to spray the remaining part, the sprayer had finally gotten cleaned out and this last section did not show the wrinkling. So I have a test plot of sorts. It will be interesting to do a yield comparison between the dicamba affected portion and the later section.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)