AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My second crop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Andy578
Posted 8/7/2016 18:44 (#5456383 - in reply to #5456302)
Subject: RE: My second crop

Ontario
yeah i probably could have made that clearer lol. last year i had 130 acres(other half was still rented out) and the season started good but then from the middle of July all through August we didn't have a single drop of rain so they never really filled the pods. this year i have about 280 acres and it pretty much all looks like the pics with the exception of the field that got weedy which is also a field with very light sand and hills so not great ground. i planted 15 inch rows and with the early drought it took that field a long time to fill in so i'm thinking next year i might take my plugs out and plant 7.5 inch rows in that one to hopefully get a good canopy early on.

i have the benefit of my grandfather showing me the ropes but this site has also been a great source for information and general advice. i know some topics can get really heated at times but for those of us trying to learn all this collective experience is really priceless. i just hope i can do well enough every year to keep going till i'm old and grey

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)