AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What will it take you to plant wheat this fall?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Buehler
Posted 8/6/2016 22:04 (#5454996 - in reply to #5453744)
Subject: RE: What will it take you to plant wheat this fall?

Scott City KS
ahay68979 - 8/6/2016 07:58

I know its been discussed in market talk and maybe this post should be their instead.
What will it take for you to plant wheat this fall? We are not a wheat area but I like to put a few acres in every few years for a rotation. As dry as we have been this summer I'm thinking it might be time for my rotation again. Will it take $4?-5?-6? Wheat before you consider planting it? Between the wheat and straw, my numbers don't look to bad if could get $4+ , but will that be possible?

We are in summer fallow country. Dad's sticking to the rotation. In 2013, I convinced him to dump the CC wheat in a rotation he runs and replace it with milo after corn, but he's planting all the stuff he fallowed.

On my farm, I planted all my summer fallow acres, so there is a decent chance I will have 0 acres of wheat if it stays dry. There are probably 2 small fields I will plant no matter what to see what happens and try to get some sort of reasonable data to do a comparative analysis vs dad's rotation. If I catch some decent rains before Oct 15th or 20th, I'll probably plant all the fallow acres that weren't corn. It's going to have to rain A LOT for me to put wheat after those corn acres.

Edited by Buehler 8/6/2016 22:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)