AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

questions for guys with wind turbine leases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

buckshot
Posted 8/6/2016 12:04 (#5454017 - in reply to #5453777)
Subject: RE: questions for guys with wind turbine leases

ltct04 - 8/6/2016 09:13

Buckshot is there much more you can say about this. Sounds like you have had a pretty bad experience. Do you think you did your homework before you signed or did you sign up no questions asked? I appreciate everyone's input here lots of great advice I was kind of in the middle on what I wanted to do as extra money is always nice but like another poster has stated I finally have my ground all tiled out fixed up into big fields with no obstructions. I am 33 so hopefully some day my son will farm this ground and hopefully his son. On the other hand I think with some more income I would be in a position to buy more land when it comes up for sale. I have talked to neighbors and 2 of the farms that border me have signed. I guess if it all works out for those guys it gives them an advantage In the future in purchasing land but if it doesn't they get to farm around or over top concrete or a permanent land marker although supposedly there already is a demolition cost built into the tower . I think I am going to tell them the same thing the other poster said come back to me when you have a plan and can tell me how many and where. If they can't do that then I don't think I am very comfortable with it. Thanks everyone
I never signed up for these eyesore wind turbines, did not even considered it. I did finally see one of their contracts and it would take a complete fool to sign it. the are able to do pretty much whatever they want to do on your farm for 99 years in this case. you will have to contact them for permission to put up a grain leg on your property as a example. as I say you have pretty signed a lot of your rights to your farm to the wind company for a long long time. you had better have a good lawyer look very carefully at your contract before you tie yourself, your kids, and your grand children to a company that in our area is all ready changing plans as a signed contract puts them in control of a lot of things you will have no say in. please report your satisfaction when you get your and your neighbors wind energy industrial project is up and running!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)