AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

questions for guys with wind turbine leases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDK Herefords
Posted 8/5/2016 14:56 (#5452569 - in reply to #5452208)
Subject: RE: questions for guys with wind turbine leases

East Central, IA
ltct04 - 8/5/2016 11:09

it seems most in the area signed up no questions asked.

This is typical. Very, very few people sign up with no questions asked. That is a huge lie that they tell you to make it easier to get your signature. I bet if you actually talked to most of the people who "sign up with no questions asked," you would find that out. The people that they send around to sign people up are snake oil salesmen who lie, cheat, etc to get you on board. I know that from experience. I personally talked to 3 different neighbors who were supposed to have "signed right up", only to find that they either hadn't signed up yet or they hadn't even been talked to yet. These wind companies are slimy. Just remember that your land will never, ever, ever be the same after a turbine is erected on it. 400 yards of concrete go into the ground for every turbine like the ones they were trying to erect around me. What will your grandkids have to deal with once these things have reached the end of their usable life? Don't believe anything they tell you and if you really want to do it, hold out for more money, because your sovereignty, control, and landscape will always be worth much more than they will be willing to pay.

Edit: They also make you sign confidentiality agreements so you can't discuss your contracts or your problems with anyone. It's very hard to get leaseholders to talk about their wind farm issues outside of an anonymous setting like a forum. What do these companies have to hide?

Edited by KDK Herefords 8/5/2016 15:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)