AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

questions for guys with wind turbine leases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hobby95
Posted 8/5/2016 14:05 (#5452511 - in reply to #5452208)
Subject: RE: questions for guys with wind turbine leases

SW MINNESOTA
I have 2 on one of my farms. The year they built then my wife thought she I was gonna end up in jail from killing some of the stupid construction workers. They figured well I'm getting paid for crop damage so why not just walk a dozer across corn field, maybe not so bad if they picked one path but they didn't. Once I got to know the site Forman and expressed my concerns things got better. The fixed all the tile the cut. Local guy did that. Even repaired a couple two years later they missed and I didn't even know were there. Four years later can still see effects of compaction though next to roads and turbines. They sort of asked if road location was ok and were somewhat willing to move them a little if need be. I just plant and spray right over the roads so no real big deal there plus we can use them to set trucks on in the fall. Now that they been here 4 years kind of used to them so no real big deal. Mine happened to get built and roads are in locations that really don't effect much, some nieghbors on the others hand or not that way. That being said Im I'm not sure I would do it again, not for what we got paid at least.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)