AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well it's confirmed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Andy578
Posted 8/5/2016 09:34 (#5452051 - in reply to #5451821)
Subject: RE: Well it's confirmed

Ontario
roush9799 - 8/5/2016 08:25

Andy578 - 8/4/2016 19:12

people keep saying my area is gonna have a great crop but i won't believe it till i'm in the combine. we started the year very dry but had just enough rain at just the right times to pull through. now rains over the last 2 weeks seem to have completely changed everything. lots of farmers were saying they wern't gonna do a second spray and were gonna skip on fungicide and now they are all rushing out to spray as much as they can

That's what they did here. Everyone decided to give up at the end of June and not dump anymore money into this crop. Figured July and August would be hotter and just as dry. Rain came the first of July and hasn't stopped. Plane has been flying all over the past few weeks now spraying. We had some beans sprayed yesterday with fungicide.

really only started about mid July for us and the real rains have just been the last two weeks. as long as we get another rain in the next week or so we're on track for a very good crop. feel bad for the guys in the Niagara area, apparently they are now chopping everything for silage and some are trying to throw in another crop for silage just to try and make something back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)