AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IMPACT verus Callisto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

No soil disturbance
Posted 8/4/2016 21:26 (#5451363 - in reply to #5451324)
Subject: RE: IMPACT verus Callistot

Only experience with much callisto is Halex GT. In talking to many different of my local salesman and K-state Callisto is only average against kochia, which is a big concern in my area. Good on pigweed but in my area pigweed isn't yet a problem. I have more experience with impact. A lot of impact getting sprayed over corn in my area due to the crop safety and control of kochia.

My experience however has not been very impressed with impact. It's still rather expensive and they want it tank mixed with atrazine, gly and plenty of mso. It needs high gallons as well and that makes the mso more expensive and more time consuming. For the price and what I have seen I personally think someone would still be better off with a 5-7 oz use rate of status mixed with gly to hit the kochia. We can still get a really good kill on everything but kochia using 2 oz of status with gly and atrazine. Been using status since 2009 I believe and keep trying new chemistry thinking we will fade out status. I still haven't found anything that can replace status on our farm for the price and efficiency.

Edited to add: my weed resistance is probably much different than yours. I have seen a full tank mix to impact recs and 1 oz. of impact not even touch kochia. Others have had it mow down 2 foot tall kochia so who knows? Maybe I just haven't used it right?

Edited by No soil disturbance 8/4/2016 21:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)