AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wow, expensive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gregor
Posted 8/4/2016 15:12 (#5450716 - in reply to #5450380)
Subject: RE: Wow, expensive

East Central Nebraska
Ouch, maybe your weeds are harder to kill than mine but hard to make any profit when your chemical bill is 77.50/ acre and corn going south of $3 at our local elevator. I'd be curious what your area farmers are paying for their chemical programs. Is that a here thing or they taking you the cleaners. Plus when I spray, I get to personally scout the whole field. Not the same as walking, but I do get eyes on the whole field. I run 60ft booms and saddle tanks with a raven flow controller system and ez-guide 500 for guidance and also is my speed input to the flow controller. My program for my 400 acre of corn/bean which very happy with corn acres and not totally happy with the bean program.
Burndown

1qt surestart@$48/gal
32 oz generic Roundup@$12/gal
1 bag AMS

3 oz Resource@don't remember but think it ended up about 3 or 4 bucks and acre
1 bag AMS

Beans
Burndown
1 qt Valor@52/gal
1 pt 2/4-D@don't remember but couple bucks an acre
1 qt generic roundup@12/gal
1 bag AMS
1 qt generic roundup@12/acre on 150 acres--these are clean fields
last 50 acres added 3 oz of resource and full rate of first rate with crop oil which it didn't do anything to help kill a few marestail.

These prices are from a local dealer and not coop. Another local dealer which I buy fertilizer from is about $12 higher on surestart and $6 higher on round-up which is about what our Coops
are.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)