AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Things that make you want to cry.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 10/23/2006 01:26 (#54380)
Subject: Things that make you want to cry.

Southeast Florida
Saturday rather than being at the beach with wife and kids I was at the shop on the working end of a fire ax. My helpers here are a little slow and don't speak good english infact english is an unknown to them for the most part, they are from Thailand and don't speak spanish which I speak fluent.
Anyhow I asked on of them to get me a straight edge to run the fire ax against to cut a 1/2"X6" flatbar off of the piece of equipment that need some modifications and he finally figures out what I need and get's a 1"X4"X24" piece of flat for me to use. Well while I was cutting the the 1/2" his cell phone rang. He's talking to somebody in Thia. Well me being the unpaticent person that I am I popped the vise grip clamp while I've still got the torch in my hand going to catch it (1"X4"X24") with my lefthand. Well I'm lefthanded and before I could get the welding gloves off of my hand the glove had already filled the index finger up with blood where the straight edge was heavier than I expected because I was so pissed off about the cell phone conversation I did it myself while he talked on the phone. At this point blood was all over the floor and equipment and so was the cell phone after the 5 lb hammer got done with it. I don't think I'll have to worry about them not paying attention to what I'm doing anymore after the slinging everything I could reach with my right hand. By the end of my temper fit my heart was pumping and the red stuff was really poring out now. Everybody was running for cover and the guy who's phone is dead now pulls a band-aid out off his pocket. I wonder if he actually thought that a band-aid was going to do anything with flesh, blood and the finger nail gone? Finally I calmed down enough and I went to the freezer and pulled some ice to put on this throbing finger.

Edited by Fla Veggie Farmer 10/23/2006 01:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)