AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Its too hot to walk beans....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 7/25/2016 13:36 (#5431628 - in reply to #5431189)
Subject: well buehler

n.c.iowa

we've been asked this question a few times.

sometimes the interaction between my wife and I isn't the most loving, and in these situations in the beginning my standard response was thus" beings you are from the north end of the county your capacity to see things from my viewpoint is obviously limited".   

obviously calling into question the schooling she received, and the environment she was raised in. in the beginning of our marital bliss, this response didn't quite endear myself to her.  but only after a particularly ugly argument did she point out how demeaning this was, but we did later make a kinda a joke out of it.

so we early on decided to have a larger family, my wife was one of two children, I was from a family of eight, so we kinda settled on the four or five child area, the time frame was a little more compressed than we would have planned, but it was what it was.

so after our third child, people would ask if my wife had figured out how it was happening, and rather explain our family plans with somebody that in most instances were little more than strangers, my standard response was,"well you know she's from the north end of the county, and they seem to be alittle slower in figuring things out, so I figure it's gonna take a couple more kids before she puts two and two together, so i'd appreciate if you didn't clue her into the program".

often times i'd get a chuckle and that would be the end of it, sometimes though, the person would nod their head in agreement, and say something like," I know exactly what you are talking about''.    that would just drive my wife.

Edited by johnny skeptical 7/25/2016 13:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)