AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Its too hot to walk beans....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Happy First Timer
Posted 7/24/2016 21:56 (#5430635 - in reply to #5429068)
Subject: RE: Its too hot to walk beans....

For all text guys criticizing his descion to mow off the beans infested with water hemp, let me ask you this: What would your comments be if he took a picture in October of him running his combine through 8 foot tall waterhemp growing in his beans? Would you be happy that he captured those extra bushels while spreading 500 million water hemp seeds? In my neck of the woods, guys would do anything and everything to run 1 more bushel of beans. They wouldn't give two craps about spreading seed etc. I wish mr. Bell was my neighbor. He puts the future of his farming practices in front of the extra $400 or $500 of income he could have made. I view it this way, if more farmers weren't greedy sob's and would have mowed off the water hemp before it went to seed half of us out here trying to farm wouldnt be dealing with the weed issues we have today.

I applaud Mr. Bell and wish more of the folks on here were like him. But obviously by reading some folks responses to his actions they are not, or they haven't had the pleasure of working with water hemp. Best of luck to those fellas. It's coming!

Edited by Happy First Timer 7/24/2016 21:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)