AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Its too hot to walk beans....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

frmerndel
Posted 7/24/2016 14:59 (#5429758 - in reply to #5429068)
Subject: RE: Its too hot to walk beans....

We all do what we have to do. Bottom line....It's not always ideal. The view is always perfect when it's always off your... front porch.
Im not going to name names here.... but some of you remind me of a land owner I approached once many many years ago about leasing his farm. We had hardly even cut the ice... when he stopped me and said " Young man your equipment isn't new enough.... I won't lease my farm to you". Good enough I said silently to myself. Shook his hand and wished him a good afternoon. Well spring rolled around.... and who pulled in to his place was Mr... BTO.... and all the new paint.... 2 years into a 3 year lease Mr BTO had to have a sale.... Most intense sale I had ever been to.... everything from grandmama's silver to shiney combines. The land owner showed up.... said hello... I was surprised. Always wondered if he got paid..... think we all know that answer. It never ceases to amaze me... being a little older and a little wiser and have had a chance to observe the "old timers" of today. Boy..... how people quickly forget how they got started, what they had to do to survive, and where they came from.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)