AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tiling and roots---- related to post below.......effect of copper etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 7/24/2016 11:51 (#5429453 - in reply to #5429394)
Subject: RE: Tiling and roots---- related to post below.......effect of copper etc

Thumb of Michigan
If you have a surface drain near the top of the tile system- a "Higenbothom" or something similar- thats a good place to introduce some copper sulfate. So I'm told. If the water flow is or can be sort of fast, simply dumping some into the tile may not give you the desired results. One method to get around that is to fill a pair of panty hose with copper sulfate and hang them down into the water flow if thats possible. Doesn't all go down stream quickly that way. I don't know for sure about the "why" copper burns roots back. I do know that it works well, though. So I'm told.

Generally speaking, the copper won't permanently solve the problem. IE kill the offending tree for example. That may or may not be OK. I have wondered how something like Spike would act if introduced into the tile the same way as I described with the Copper Sulfate.

Edit for clarity: the inlet doesn't nessecarily have to be at the top of the system. It only has to be between the potential problem area and the outlet.

Edited by pat-michigan 7/24/2016 11:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)