AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What I learned spraying this year.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dewgubbe
Posted 7/23/2016 21:48 (#5428486 - in reply to #5428467)
Subject: RE: What I learned spraying this year.

Northeast Nebraska
Poverty acres - 7/23/2016 09:37

I have never agreed with fence row nozzles. If it's not in crop it should stay grass or it will always be weeds.

Amen, people need to understand, your spray nozzles overlap. Therefore the field borders arent getting a full rate. Some people think the answer is just move over one row. Problem then is the grass will die from a small dose of roundup. The problem will just keep moving out farther and farther if you use that method.

The only answer is get out there with an ATV and spray your edges. We have a pull sprayer for our four wheeler, holds 150 gallons, and has a 5 hp motor turning a roller pump. The pressure the roller pump is capable off is nice to reach out and hit weeds along the edges from the road. It has a mast with 2 boombuster nozzles on it we use on occasion if a ditch is full of weeds, but usually we just use the hand wand.

The way weeds are progressing I wouldnt be surprised if riding a bean bar came back, but the EPA, OSHA, and the child labor people will put the kabosh on that idea.

Edited by dewgubbe 7/23/2016 21:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)