AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is Iron Planet auction any Good??or a CON!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 7/22/2016 15:01 (#5425774 - in reply to #5425581)
Subject: RE: If I'm bidding on a 100.000.00 item.

Western Iowa
I am just saying you may not like there methods and type of sale, but it has been around for years with the same type of sales. Iron planet is typically not a place to find a bargain. You can cuss them all you want, but many people like there auction model.

Buddy of mine just bought a dozer off of there a month ago. Find out it was also sold on there 3 months ago. When 2nd buyer got it, it had a drive issue. Iron planet paid dealer to come out and find problem. Dealer played for a short day and then threw a crazy number at iron planet to take it to the shop to work on it. Iron planet paid repair ticket and refunded 2nd owner in full, including trucking then resold it on a later sale.

Like all auction companies, you can find flaws and what could be improved, but at least on Iron Planet they likely will stand behind the sales items. Keeps guys from dumping something with known problems and not saying a word. There is a reason the 'jockeys' don't use iron planet. Can't stick something up someones butt and say too bad when they pick up the junk........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)