AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hot weather on Corn and Soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 7/21/2016 07:52 (#5423031 - in reply to #5422637)
Subject: RE: Hot weather on Corn and Soybeans

North Central Illinois
Well Ty I could of predicted some the sarcastic responses you got. Even though you feel your concern is warranted and I have no doubt it is genuine, those west of the Mississippi do not allow someone from Illinois to express concern over their crop. I don't mean this as a slam Ty so please don't take it that way. This is summer weather. We haven't had a good dose of it for a couple of years. I think some of us forget what it is like to be good and hot for a few days. I don't think you have anything to worry about unless the heat stays much longer than predicted. With the moisture you have you should be fine. I'm am not crazy about corn pollinating with these temps and heat indices but with good moisture you should be fine. The beans will be fine too. They will need heat and water in August. Mid 90's and humid is indeed a far different story than upper 90's or triples with low humidity and windy. I would not want to be going into this heat with no moisture in the tank even with the humidity.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)