AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fall Fertilizer Prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 7/20/2016 22:51 (#5422672 - in reply to #5421165)
Subject: RE: Fall Fertilizer Prices

Morris, IL
We've kind of agreed it doesn't make much sense for use to buy a 5k dollar buggy and start spreading. With us already in strip till we really need to go the banding route. Saves a trip, saves on app cost, saves on fertilizer cost, less manpower then broadcasting but more then hiring coop but i think we could handle it. It's just dry fertilizer equipment for strip till is so darn expensive. Can buy a buggy for 5k, but i can't figure a way to get into banding for less then 20-30k and thats just adding something to our bar.

Doesn't mean your going to buy right from coop either. We are kind of limited to fall but when conventional tillage could pay the fall, winter, or spring game, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. Generally lot easier to figure out then grain prices.

We own a sprayer as we don't trust coop to do the job, we own sidedress bar as we don't trust coop to maintain one to our standards, why do we hire them to spread our dry fertilizer, a very important job that you can't see a screw up like you can spraying. I know some guys have great luck but I don't.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)