AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Future of alfalfa. What do you think?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 7/20/2016 22:05 (#5422577 - in reply to #5421687)
Subject: RE: Future of alfalfa. What do you think?

Montana
Almost everything good and wonderful that we like best in Montana seems to have come from North Dakota, What a great innovative group of progressive machine builders and farmers. Now I believe because of mechanical Front wheel Drive Tractors with loaders, for moving huge snow, North Dakota has incredible herds of cattle.

I remember in the 60s 70s and 80s hearing of herds of cattle drifted under and lost to blizzards and lots of sheep. Where I lif=ve in Montana we saw such loss in the winter of 78-79

We got a 4250 MFWD with 280 loader and our cattle have never gone hungry a day. Before that, the D4 cat saved my father in Law's herd in 78-79 but it was a struggle and we fed a lot of cattle with snowmobiles and a sled.

Pete Fay came to Montana State University in about 1976 from North Dakota and he was the most brilliant Ag professor I ever enjoyed listening to and learning from. You guys in North Dakota were making roads and progress while we were making North Dakota jokes and I am sorry we did that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)