AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who makes trailer fenders?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 12/21/2008 12:53 (#542145 - in reply to #542083)
Subject: RE: Who makes trailer fenders?

NE SD

We have Minimizers on two trucks and will be putting them under one trailer and pup this winter. The problem with putting Minimizers under trailers is that their plastic mounts won't work so you either have to buy the stainless ones or fabricate your own out of aluminum. We really like the plastic mounts but they will push the fenders out too far.

We mounted some National Fleet fenders on my triple axle this fall. Minimizer doesn't make a fender for a super single wide enough to cover the big ones. We used Minimizer mounts and were able to mount the fenders without doing any welding on the main frame tubes with the exception of 3" from the very back. Not only were we worried about voiding the warranty, but cracking issues in the future. It took my brother and I well over a day and a half to mount them on one side and a half a day to do the other side.

Spraymate is another brand that is made but they were very unhelpful and just generally p-ed me off. The Minimizer fenders have been mounted on the one truck since the spring of 2006 and they are still like new.

(100_0857.JPG)

(100_0891.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_0857.JPG (72KB - 184 downloads)
Attachments 100_0891.JPG (122KB - 192 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)