AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on zidua
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WTF2014
Posted 7/19/2016 21:04 (#5420605 - in reply to #5416107)
Subject: RE: Educate me on zidua

CIL
Greg,

We used Fierce on most of our bean acres this year. We incorporated with a field cultivator about 2-3 inches deep. It helps avoid the splashing effect those chems can have on bean emerging during cold, wet conditions. Used a 3 oz rate on most. Did a good job. In previous years, we've used Valor XLT. I split a couple bean fields with Fierce and Valor XLT. It was hard to tell any difference. I think the classic in Valor XLT still helps control mares tail while still doing a good job on hemp. Plus, the fierce was close to $5 an acre more. In one high pressure area for hemp, I used the max rate of 4.5 oz fierce. It stayed perfectly clean until this last week in 30 in rows that we planted April 28th. Now there is a carpet of hemp coming. So we rigged up a sprayer with drops to hit it. Next year, I'm doing layered residuals by adding a group 15 to the post. Most likely will be generic dual. It's the most cost effective and it takes just about as much rain to activate as most of the others...oulook, zidua, warrant...1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Based on what I've seen on weed pressure, classic still helps in our area. Bottom line, I don't think you can go wrong with either Valor XLT or Fierce (and their similar components in authority lineup) but I'd look hard a layered residual in the post. A group 15 doesn't have carryover issues in corn.

Next year I'm thinking....3 Oz Valor XLT pre, post 40 oz roundup, 2.5 to 3 oz Resource (like cadet, but I think it does better on morning glory) & a pint of generic dual.

Edited by WTF2014 7/19/2016 21:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)