AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed signs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 7/19/2016 09:27 (#5419462 - in reply to #5419169)
Subject: One Seed Sign = 56# Bushel of Seed

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
Many years ago the farmer received one free bushel of seed corn for each sign. On paved roads only. And this was before all the county paved roads.
I am talking about Pioneer, and would not doubt the other companies were the same.
And that was a full 56 pound bushel, not the little things you get today.

Dad having land on both sides of Iowa highway 64 got quite a few bushels of seed corn. Just one sign per field. But a fence means a new field.

Today I think it means what local dealer or district sales rep works the hardest.
Really not who sells the most.

I have no problem with the seed signs. Enjoy them.

A bit over 3/4" of rain this morning. Already well over the July average and 12 days to go.
Rain update - 12:20 Central Daylight time, Greenwich -5 = Now over 1-1/2"
Another rain update. Just 35 minutes later I have 2-1/2" 12:55 CDT - 17:55 Greenwich
At 13:12 hours CDT -- 3.01"

The internet one is lagging behind the just a display one, by about a quarter inch. On the same electronic gauge.
The lights have been off a couple times and with no juice the internet signal does not get thru.

Just might have another pretty good crop. May be enough the renters will have to get a Lexion.
A tracked Kinze cart would probably do more good. Present cart is a Sheepfoot Packer.

Edited by Robert W Greif 7/19/2016 13:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)