AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Snake Oil"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

c&k farms
Posted 7/19/2016 06:17 (#5419149 - in reply to #5418922)
Subject: RE: "Snake Oil"?

SC KS
A little confused, but I think I can know what you're try to say. Also good post. Us as farmers and myself as an agronomist and farmer need to proceed with caution, but not be afraid to try. I have a few farmers. They have nice farms along busy highways, and salesman of whatever product will stop in and talk to them about product x that does solution y. I also have people who need to step away from Google about 1 hour sooner. Products, equipment, brands are all what salesman get paid to sell on commission. I'll test a lot of products for my farmers who want to, but in strips or blocks so we can actually tell what it does. However test 1 thing at a time is what I stress to them.

Now y drops.... my custom applicator has y drops this year. I'm not sure price is worth it, but if I'm side dressing and they are doing it, it'll be y dropped. Supossibly the y drop will place fert next to plant so a dew can run off plant and incorporate fert for you in a dry environment. This year no idea because it rained. Placement of n doesn't matter as much as incorporation. Years ago farm industry news had a story on a man sidedressing corn w/ a fabricated 90 ft bar with nh3 shanks on 60". Fed twould plants 1 shank, but fert was in proper place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)