AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Waterhemp menace
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

PatrickM
Posted 7/18/2016 19:34 (#5418441)
Subject: Waterhemp menace

I always knew it was coming. I had heard about the problem others were having, but in our area, it was scarce; until this year. I have always used a residual and never the same one twice with glyphosate. Watethemp hit my county like a banshee this year and no one was really prepared for it. The few farmers with foreknowledge of the severity of the problem attacked it with Flexstar post, but only torched everthing. Beans came around, but so did the hemp. I got better kill with 48 oz. Glypho. Plus added surfac tant and careful pH adjustment post.

Bottom line is it is here now, not screwing around, and switching to Liberty. I have the carrier volume and capacity to do it right. What residuals seem to have been working? We used Authority XL at 4 oz pre, but had little rain until recently to activate it. We used Zidua last year, but had so much rain in a short period, we lost it. Not fair of me to discount it. What normally works? I hear of a lot of Fierce, Warrent, and Zidua use. Planning for next year. Im also mandating fall spray, even if i have to pay someone else to do it to help on marestail. Canopy +24d and simazine on corn always worked in the past.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)