AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on zidua
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/17/2016 20:04 (#5416615 - in reply to #5416464)
Subject: RE: Educate me on zidua

King City, Mo
Authority xL is Spartan and Classic

Authority 1st or Sonic is Spartan and 1st rate

Classic you gotta watch ph was higher ph it gets hotter.

Spartan is a PPO like valor. You have beans cracking and get a hard rain. Chemical splashes up on beans and turns them yellow and you lose some stand. Low laying areas are bad and drained hills not so bad. If you don't get a beating rain you don't have that problem. Valor and Spartan are good against tall waterhemp but can cause friendly fire just like any herbicide.

Metribuzin/sencor Is cheap and you only run 1/3# and it helps on twh and a few other broadleaves. It's in the same family as atrazine but can be sprayed pre on corn. It's been around for ever if you remember the treflan and sencor days...not perfect but twh wasn't an issue then.

Cadet is my least fav burner herbicide unless your going after velvet leaf. I prefer flexstar if you have 10 months before corn and can still get herbicide down between the rows as it has residual for later twh as well as burn down activity on them. Prefix is the same style chemistry plus dual that would provide more residual for later tall water hemp that would emerge later in the growing season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)