AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop report NC In. (Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dave9110
Posted 7/8/2016 15:22 (#5399717)
Subject: Crop report NC In. (Pics)

north-central Indiana west of Fulton
It has been very dry here since planting was completed 5/23 for both corn and beans. Only 1 rain of as much as 7/10 and all others have been 1, 2, 3 , maybe a half inch rain in there. Several sure soakers disappeared and dropped little. This is within a few miles of here because it seems to be very spotty. The good news is...things still look good and no flooding or blown over corn . I noticed the corn started to roll again in spots this afternoon. Really need to get moisture soon because I saw the first tassel today locally. It took a little longer but our no till beans have finally caught up to tilled beans as far as looks. Lack of rain soon after planting hurt early growth. This is maybe our 25th year of no tilling nearly all our soybeans even though not many no till here. Reduces high hp tractors and lots of field time and equipment dollars and I don't see yield loss. No till corn is more complicated it seems and we did about 1/3 of our corn ....picking certain fields by soil type and drainage. On some I noticed unevenness early if you got out in the field to compare. We till around the outside so you get to see it easier. 100 no till acres behind my house has the best looking ,even stand ofcorn ever to date though.....so it is not a cut and dried issue. Most acres are rotated except coc on some deep muck soil. No fall tillage except disking that muck and occasionally in line ripping end rows.
Spring disk then field cultivate with 35 year old tools ahead of planter on worked fields. SB pics and muck corn planted 5/23 and no till field looking over Farmall hood.

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (181KB - 74 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (167KB - 80 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (124KB - 68 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (166KB - 65 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (170KB - 74 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)