AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DKC 53-68
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 7/8/2016 07:04 (#5398974 - in reply to #5398865)
Subject: RE: DKC 53-68

n.c.iowa

planted 54-38 in several fields last year.   I guess I was making a analogy between 53-68 series, and 54-38 and didn't really finish my thought.    anyway they both blast out of the ground, are good on corn on corn, good plant health, and in the case of 54-38 (don't know about 53-68 yet)  had good stand ability.
the issue I got with with 54-38 is that I had it on some really productive ground and it really didn't do much, my 50-84 cruised right on by it.  it yielded pretty good  but by the way my 54-38 looked all season I was really disappointed.

in talking with my dsm about this and he is kinda leery of 54-38 he in isolated cases has seen this where in as the yield environment  is very good and 54-38 tops out early.     he mentioned that there is a pile of it planted in NE iowa and Minnesota.    his fear is if we have a warm pollination and grain fill period it's gonna crash, badly.

46-20 is a interesting hybrid, we haven't planted it in a couple of years, and I really don't know why.   it was a good, stable, hybrid that gave me some really good yields, it appreciated alittle fungicide.   i think they got a new 45 or 46 something in my plot that is supposed to be the next big thing.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)