AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Goooo tillage!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 7/7/2016 12:54 (#5397417 - in reply to #5395896)
Subject: RE: Goooo tillage!

southern MN
Midlander - 7/6/2016 18:54

This site has become an anti no-till site as of late.
I learned a long time ago that you can't change peoples way of thinking by calling them out on it.
Best to lead by example like your doing.
I've been no-tilling and for 33 years and cover cropping for over 20. Many are doing the same in my area now.
Be humble and right.
I learn something new every day. And I'm (getting) Old.

Its more of a pendulum swing...... For a long time there have been some no tillers that are a bit evangelical about notill is the only possible way to farm......

I believe it works well in some places, and doesn't in others. Few of us maybe kick back a little hard by now. I live in an area where very very few have made strip till work, much less notill. Don't think I see any attempted in my whole county. We have the perfect setup of deep heavy soils, very cold wet spring, a short growing season you need to get the. Top up and growing early, and so forth.

I see a lot of folk no tilling in several of those conditions, but all of them its a bear.

I enjoy reading about notill, and learning how it works, but it starts feeling like a beating with a 2x4 about the 12th time you hear notill is the only way to farm anywhere and only really stupid people won't.......... So there starts to be some blowback. :)

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)