AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow Up on Gooo Tillage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mikenesd
Posted 7/7/2016 04:37 (#5396633 - in reply to #5395458)
Subject: RE: Water runs down hill - doesn't it ?

Clark SD

iseedit - 7/6/2016 14:29

jonas grumby - 7/6/2016 15:13 didn't want to hijack topic. Just venting a pet peeve. I have HEL ground that I striptill. I have a big waterway down the middle of one 40. Neighbor has non HEL ground next to me who has a small waterway that feeds I to my waterway. Neighbor fall plows after corn and fall chisels after beans. So with my striptill my big waterway is basically carrying his water. I personally would like there to be a classification between HEL and non HEL so that a farmer next to a HEL field has to do a little to keep his soil and water on his field. 

Well . . . . . Water runs down hill - at least here in Mn. So, you're thinking my water should somehow stop at my fence line and not run on to your property ?
Soil ? Well, I tend to agree - some type of control to keep my soil on my side of the property line, yes. I prefer that and would do all I could to keep my soil (property) on my side . .. . . .. . I don't need the Government to help me or tell me or regulate me to control my soil. Water - well Mother Nature or God started that "water runs down hill" bit ~

Oh, have you asked the neighbor if he could increase the size of his water way (filter strip ?) ?

Chris, yes water does run downhill, but there are some things that be done that can reduce the amount that does.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)