AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow Up on Gooo Tillage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/6/2016 15:29 (#5395458 - in reply to #5395433)
Subject: RE: Water runs down hill - doesn't it ?

central - east central Minnesota -

jonas grumby - 7/6/2016 15:13 didn't want to hijack topic. Just venting a pet peeve. I have HEL ground that I striptill. I have a big waterway down the middle of one 40. Neighbor has non HEL ground next to me who has a small waterway that feeds I to my waterway. Neighbor fall plows after corn and fall chisels after beans. So with my striptill my big waterway is basically carrying his water. I personally would like there to be a classification between HEL and non HEL so that a farmer next to a HEL field has to do a little to keep his soil and water on his field. 

Well . . . . . Water runs down hill - at least here in Mn. So, you're thinking my water should somehow stop at my fence line and not run on to your property ?
Soil ? Well, I tend to agree - some type of control to keep my soil on my side of the property line, yes. I prefer that and would do all I could to keep my soil (property) on my side . .. . . .. . I don't need the Government to help me or tell me or regulate me to control my soil. Water - well Mother Nature or God started that "water runs down hill" bit ~

Oh, have you asked the neighbor if he could increase the size of his water way (filter strip ?) ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)