AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Try again at plane/urea pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

frmerndel
Posted 7/2/2016 08:08 (#5386774 - in reply to #5386281)
Subject: RE: Try again at plane/urea pics

Absolutely not. If you can't find a pilot that can spread accurately... you have a pilot problem not a plane problem. As I said I will put an airplane up against a ground spreader for accuracy etc any day with fertilizer, cover crop, seeding or chem application. I've been seeding cover crops by air for 30 plus years.... and would never consider doing it any other way. In addition to fertilizer and chemicals. If you have some huge spread in your area in cost ... Ground vs air.... and poor application... I feel sorry for you because your missing out. Because that isnt typical..... in most places. Helicopter application.... thats a different animal all together and does have a higher cost. Talk to the growers down in the deep south..... especially everyone that grows rice. If my base of operation was iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, Southern Minnesota etc.... no way in the world you would catch me puttering around on a tractor or ground rig sideressing or applying covercrops or many other things when it can be done by air. And if I was in that part of the country farming and was at least 1000 acre operation I would put a strip on one of the Farms. If you have elevated costs for aerial application you must be quiet a ways a way from the loading point.

Edited by frmerndel 7/2/2016 12:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)