AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer cart not set right
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/1/2016 22:06 (#5386303 - in reply to #5386109)
Subject: RE: Fertilizer cart not set right

King City, Mo
Well it's not a good deal.

Part of me would be like I'd notice before the cart was empty that my pile of urea is disappearing awful dang quick for 100# or 46# of actual N per acre.

If the plan was 50# of N per acre that's 73.6 acres of 8000# of urea if that much fit in the cart.....

This is also a good learning experience for everyone to know how to figure dry fertilizer.

Farmer Bob wants to spread his field.

He ordered 78-52-60-24s

100# urea 46-0-0
100# AMS 21-0-0-24s
100# MAP 11-52-0
100# KCL 0-0-60
300# product across the scales applied per acre to get a 78-52-60-24s so if the cart has 9000# in it every 30 acres we need to be filling.

It gets a lot more complicated then that but for this it gets the jist of it down.

So the "co-op" should of had the cart set right but the farmer should of double checked the co-op guy as its the farmers field and nobody should care more about your crop then you. We all my mistakes and I make plenty my self.

I started planting corn once and had the planter set on the population sprockets I wanted but it was on the low side not the high side........it was my fault for not checking my self before I took it to the field. Reading here and talking with others I'm not the only one who has messed up planter chains when setting them as some get drive and driven confused as it happens...

What sorta rate was spread on the field on the high side? I would have to look at the charts to even know what mine spreads at on the high side as Id rather double spread then have an ooops.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)