AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tile capacity/size?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 7/1/2016 20:06 (#5386050 - in reply to #5385925)
Subject: RE: tile capacity/size?

Kingston,Mi
Maryland NRCS has a workbook that will allow you to calculate all of the parameters necessary to correctly size your system. It has the gutter flow rates for aluminum and steel eaves troughs of several sizes and at different pitches plus how many cubic feet per second the leaders and outlets will carry plus graphs for the tile capacity, remember the flattest grade controls the entire system. This work book is in PDF format and was designed to handle the highest flow rate from building roofs to in pollution control systems (redirecting clean water saves capacity for truly polluted runoff that must be controlled). I may have it saved as a file in my favorites, if so, I will attempt to attach as an edit. plus how to make it work in your rainfall area as it uses the 10 or 25 year , 5 minute rainfall intensity to calculate the required capacity. The difference between the 10 and 25 year storms as far as NRCS was concerned was if the roofs were on livestock buildings with open yards or not. The 10 year, 5 min. storm would be appropriate for the house and tool sheds while a 25 year, 5 min. would be for a livestock building with open lots.

I found it while searching other states NRCS Engineering sites for short cuts, once I made a mathematical conversion for the way Michigan had our standard written, I was able to quickly design system and document for records keeping purposes how the design was derived.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)