AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chemical cost per acre for soybeans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 6/28/2016 11:19 (#5380859 - in reply to #5379589)
Subject: RE: Chemical cost per acre for soybeans?

East Central, Nebraska
I'm in your boat on cost of all this.

completely no till into standing 250bu cornstalks.

started with authority first, brawl II, crop oil, 24D pass early. cost about $26. I think the brawl was a complete $6 waste. went over everything with it.

I have completely different results from this mix. on field near my house does not have a weed in it, on the other side of my house I used roundup and ultra blazer post. cost about $12.

another field I got by with roundup pass only on half and generic flexstar pass and corn killer on the other half for a total about $7-12 (so I am told).

I am freaking out a little about what it is taking to get these weeds in the beans under control, I guess I calm myself down a little by assuming my average is much cheaper than I think due to some of the fields needing almost nothing done to them post. I suppose I have as low as $30 in to them and as high as $45 in a few of the acres. I can live with that, what I have a hard time going to sleep at night thinking is what if it all needs another pass. that makes me sick.

I wonder how many people in my area thought they would be like others have posted above and spend some bucks on a pre and then a post or two of roundup. roundup is proving to be very un-effective here.

I am seeing a lot of people in my area still putting on fomesafen (flexstar), I don't think I can bring myself to doing that, though it is so cheap an effective. I wouldn't be able to sleep all winter if I did that.

Edited by caseihfarmer 6/28/2016 11:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)