AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic Farming Conversion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

stripfarmer
Posted 6/28/2016 07:36 (#5380524 - in reply to #5379834)
Subject: RE: Organic Farming Conversion

west central wisconsin

We farm conventional..... so take this for what it's worth!  

On the ten acre trial..... if it's a separate parcel, then it may make sense..... get your feet wet kinda thing.  However, if it's gonna get pollen shed, and possible herbicide drift, etc. from your regular fields then it may just be frustrating.  

I would think it may be best to bite the bullet, and just do it.  You will have to be totally committed to being organic, or it won't work.  

Yes, the money looks very attractive, thanks mostly to idiots that think it must be better...... IMO.  We have all HEL fields here, so we really have not seriously considered it.  Plus, I like to play fair, and have some issues with letting a consumer lie to themself about organic being better.  That's just my own personal issue, lol

Read, read, read, and talk talk talk, and ask ask ask..... and get your fertility in check NOW!!  You will need manure to grow your crop....

Get ready for some train wrecks as you convert, but once you start, just remain committed and you will most likely be happy with the outcome.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)