AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who else is frustrated with generic round up ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 6/28/2016 00:11 (#5380238 - in reply to #5379622)
Subject: RE: Who else is frustrated with generic round up ?

Mid Michigan
We've actually had good luck with generic rup. We've used just about every kind that they have over the years. Dad always used Powermax or Weathermax but now uses mostly the generic stuff and most of that has been 41 % and the Weathermax was 54%. You got me thinking because we just went to Family Farm and Home and bought a 30 gallon of Imitator that I assumed was 41 % and I just looked and it's 34%!!! Here I thought I got a fairly good deal for $327 only to find out it's 34%. Good thing we mixed it a bit stronger this time! Dad just sprayed beans about 2 inches tall last thursday and friday and it seems to be working pretty good on the Lambsquarter, grass, wild carrots (I'm hoeing the big ones) and dandelions etc. Got some marestail I'm watching hoping it burns them too but I've been out there with the quad trying to really hit the bad patches as much as I can. Even been going out with a hand sprayer doped up pretty strong hitting the worst spots before they get too big. This Imitator has worked good so far and really foamed up getting it pumped out of the barrel like it has a lot of surfactants in it. We add Dawn to the spray anyway. I figured for about $3 bucks an acre we got over everything again. Now it needs to rain bad or it was a waste of money anyway. Like a desert around here.

(Imitator 34% (600 x 450).jpg)

(Imitator 34% two (600 x 450).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Imitator 34% (600 x 450).jpg (30KB - 263 downloads)
Attachments Imitator 34% two (600 x 450).jpg (36KB - 252 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)