AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update drill rearended
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

RampageRanch
Posted 6/27/2016 15:53 (#5379125)
Subject: update drill rearended

niobrara nebraska
Adjuster was out and totaled the drill no questions asked. Asked for a JD dealership rep to come out and sounds as if the tractor will be totaled as well. 15K of damage to just the 3 pt arms, rockshaft, lift cylinders, etc. Cast rim/axle is bent. back window, side, and door glass, rear fender/lights, cab pillar, steering column, shifter console, the list goes on and on. That is without going into the transmission/engine and looking for damage. The tractor was killed and slid nearly 20ft. The pickup went another 100ft before coming to a stop. Also took all sorts of pictures of the scene and stated they will be going after the other party for 100% of the damages. Said basically I was driving a farm implement in farm country in my lane with minimal (less then a ft) overlap of the yellow line. I was struck on the yellow line with some overlap into my lane by a vehicle that made no attempt to stop. All of my safety equipment (flashers, SMV, and reflectors where visible on a clear day with a 1/2 mile line of sight). Adjuster thought it had all the signs of a cell phone/distracted driver accident. So we shall see, I haven't been contacted by the other side's insurance company yet. So I'm curious to see what they will say. Long and short of it in Nebraska is be absolutely positive your equipment has the SMV and lights/reflective tape on the outside edge of the equipment as well as working hazard flashers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)