AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wrapping oats question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

thefoolishfarmer
Posted 6/25/2016 06:34 (#5374552 - in reply to #5374256)
Subject: RE: Wrapping oats question

South cental Ohio
We use 3 layers - 24 wraps, like others have said. Count how many revolutions it takes to cover the bale completely and multiply that by 3. I wouldn't use less than 3 and you could put more like others said. the fastest and what we think is the best way to wrap is to have all the bales gathered and set close to where they are going to be placed.... then we set the wrapper in one spot ( even though it's a portable, self loading one), we load the wrapper with a bobcat -- wrap the bale and dump it-- then pick the wrapped bale up with the loader tractor and hugger and place the bale where it will saty until used. We stack them 2 high with the "flap" ( the end of the plastic wrap) on the bottom. You also want a nice smooth surface to dump-unload the wrapped bales onto. We'll lay a piece of old carpet or big seed bags or whatever where the bales get dumped so as to not puncture the plastic when the bales are unloaded to the ground. Hope this all makes sense LOL. It takes us 3 men ( actually 2 men and a woman because I let my girlfriend run the wrapper LOL), to do our wrapping but we can wrap as fast as the wrapper will permit. It's nothing to do a couple hundred bales a day. We get about 18 bales to a roll of plastic. Hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)