AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well I messed up. Cereal rye not cure all for control of Marestail.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 6/23/2016 05:03 (#5370861 - in reply to #5370815)
Subject: RE: Well I messed up. Cereal rye not cure all for control of Marestail.

Nc Ks.
martin - 6/22/2016 23:43

Just thinking here..... would there have been value in putting down an EPP residual sometime in late March/early April before the rye got so tall?   Would it have held, or would it have run out too soon? 

Depending on when that marestail germinated, it may or may not have helped.

That's my thought, anyway.

Marestail was our first resistant weed to show up here. I've sprayed a half pound of atrazine in the fall followed by a half rate of authority in the spring and then the rest of the authority shortly before planting and am having good control of the marestail and resistant pigweeds. Got into trouble on part this year where it was clean from the fall applied atrazine so I waited and sprayed the full rate authority with the burndown shorty before planting. Problem was we haven't had a rain since the first of June to activate the authority and I've now got a mess in those fields. I know this isn't answering your question but maybe it can help you for next year. If you are like us, the resistant pigweeds were only a couple of years after the resistant marestail showed up.

Edited by 4450 6/23/2016 05:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)