AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cows in the corn, what next - pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 6/22/2016 17:24 (#5369962 - in reply to #5369365)
Subject: RE: Cows in the corn, what next - pics

Leesburg, Ohio
Pics 5, 7, and 8 look like there was a poor stand to begin with.

The corn in all the other pics looks like it will come back and be close to normal on yield.

Why are you not in control at this point? And why would the other insurance co. require you to destroy the crop? It is not like they are totalling out your car and taking possession of it. Unless there are very large areas of poor stands like I mentioned above, take it to harvest, and have them pay you the difference in yield between this field and the other one. That way you are fairly compensated, and won't have a 0 in your aph.

Grinnell Mutual is a regional insurer of ag business. A fairly reputable company as far as I know, but I do not know anything about their claims organization. Not sure how much farm business they do...mostly co-ops I think.

A re-insurance company is one who, for a fee, takes a portion of the risk on policies sold by another insurance company. If company A decides they have too much of a certain type of risk in a group, or "book" of policies, they often will buy re-insurance for that risk with company B. Basically it is insurance for insurance companies
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)